Thursday, April 16, 2015

Practice

I tickle the keys, desperately trying to keep up with the rhythm. Every time I move my hands I am worried that my fingers will slip and let out a horrible noise. Somehow, I managed to get through the whole song without too many mistakes.

Inside, I am practically shaking with nerves. This was just a practice, it shouldn't have been a big deal; if I messed up this practice, I would make a complete fool of myself during the performance. Everyone would laugh and say that I fourteen-year-old shouldn't be nervous at a piano recital. Little kids perform in them.

But I know that won't happen. After all, I have practiced. And everyone knows that practice makes perfect.

3 comments:

  1. I've never been in a piano recital, but I know the feeling of being nervous that you'll mess up. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you ended this quite tense slice, Danielle. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete