Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Slice of Life: Shoes

Let me just start by saying that I have a lot of shoes. Although many of them are too small there are a lot of shoes sitting in my closet. Some of them are right shoes that have no matching left one. Others don't have a matching right shoe. Even though I can't wear them, I keep them.

Looking at my shoes you could tell a lot about me. If you saw my worn out combat boots that have the sole coming off you could tell that those were the shoes I wore almost everyday for four months. Those are the shoes I wore for the first time the night before my Bat Mitzvah. They are also the shoes that I trudged around Boston in on our spring overnight.

If you saw my basket ball shoes you could see the creases in the toe from all of the running and stopping I have done while wearing them. You could see all of the times that the others team has stepped on my toes while guarding me or trying to shoot.. You would see the shoes that, when I am wearing them, I am doing something I love.

Maybe you found my brown/grey converse. The ones that experienced four weeks of camp with me. The game we played at camp and switched shoes with someone else and tried to guess something about there shoes. You would be looking at the shoes that gave me a weird sock tan that lasted until december, the one I laughed about until it went away.

Maybe you would find the silver shoe that has lost its other half. That was the shoe I wore the day of my Bat Mitzvah, the shoe that everyone thought had too high of a heel to walk around in. You would see that there wasn't any blood on them from me falling because I never did.

You could look at any pair of my shoes and learn about what kind of person I was. You would see that i don't mind getting paint on my tennis shoes. You would see that my running shoes are getting a hole because they are too small. You would see that often times, when I am walking I accidentally step on my own feet.

I have a lot of shoes. But each shoe gives you insight into my life.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, thats interesting to hear, why do you keep all of those other shoes, because of memories?

    ReplyDelete