Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cabaret

I stand on the stage. The lights that we blinding me just seconds before are staring to dim and i can hear the loud applause of the audience. Through the small crowd I can see three figures making their way through the tables.

The three people make their way up onto the stage with me. The tallest one grabs a mike off of the microphone stand in front of her and turns to face me just as the bright lights are coming back on. The loud music starts and Eva starts to sing. The audience automatically smiles.

The song continues and the two people on the side platforms of the stage sing there one line as the lights fade. There is a huge applause. The four of us smile. we all know that this is where we want to be.

4 comments:

  1. Nice slice, Danielle! I can totally relate to it even if I wasn't at that Cabaret. What song were you singing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great slice, nice drawing. I thought you wrote about this years Cabaret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually the last cabaret and I was singing with Eva, Aiden and Ethan

      Delete