Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Year of the Hangman

The Year of the Hangman- By Gary Blackwood

What if the American revolt against the British in the 1770s had failed? Well now it is 1777 (the year of the hangman) and British 15-year-old Creighton Brown finds himself on a ship heading to the colonies. He has been abducted from his home in Bristol, England and his mother is having him sent to live with his stern uncle. While on the way from Carolina to Florida Creighton's ship gets captured by a yankee pirate ship. Somehow Creighton ends up in New Orleans living in the house of Benjamin Franklin.

While he is tying to get home, Creighton starts to learn more about the yankee cause. When given the opportunity to return home, what will Creighton choose?


I would highly recommend this book. It is interesting throughout and well written. It is suspenseful and overall a really good book. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.

2 comments:

  1. I like your review! It makes me really want to read this book! I also like your background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! I think I would like reading it.

    ReplyDelete