Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pompeii

Pompeii

I take a sip from my full cup of steaming hot chocolate. I swallow the mouthful as quickly as a can. It is still too hot to drink. I want to finish it but soon it will be time to go back outside into the cold. My mom has already decided that she is too cold to go outside and finish the rest of the tour.

We are sitting in a "cafe" in the middle of pompeii. It was an ancient ruin that got bombed in World War II, so someone decided to turn it into the food court for. From the inside, you would never know that you were inside on of the most famous monuments in the world. You would never guess that the original building was more than 2,500 years old.

Our guide returns from the bathroom and we walk out of the automatic doors back into the ancient city. I can see the sun shining off of some of the frescos hanging on the wall. I can't believe that we are here. Everything is old but it looks like someone made a life-size model.

I look around. This is a really cool place.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds really cool. I like your secretion of Pompeii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Sounds like tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really good! i liked your description of the hot chocolate. And it sounds like a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you thought it was like a life-sized model. It does make it hard to believe it's real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!!! I really liked your portrayal of pompeii

    ReplyDelete