Thursday, January 29, 2015

Just a Normal Day

I drop my heavy textbook and math binder onto the kitchen table. It makes a loud thud as it hits the glass. I open the textbook and flip through the pages until I find the one I am looking for. I sit down. That is when the music in my head starts. Although the house is quiet I can hear music playing. The notes and rhythms of the songs that are playing in my head are clear.

I start to read the first homework problem we have assigned to us. I read a couple of words before my thoughts are interrupted. I hear the lyrics of the song as if they are playing loudly in my ear. I try again to read the question but all I can focus on is the music. I stand up, hoping to get rid of the songs.

I walk over to my phone and pick it up. I open the Music app and wait for the songs to start playing. The words that were swirling through my head now echo around the empty house. My thoughts are no longer occupied by the notes.

I look back at the problem. I think about how I am going to find the answer. I hear the music. I think about the music and I look for the answer. My mind is filled with conundrums and music. All I can think about is numbers and songs. Yep, it's just a normal day.



4 comments:

  1. Nice slice Danielle! I like how you intersperse parts about the music and the math homework. I also just realized that the title of your blog is of numbers and songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess music can make the world go round, especially in geometry! Great to hear how it all works for you, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool SOL! I liked how you linked it to your blog title

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how well you described everything in your slice! it was really good

    ReplyDelete