Thursday, January 15, 2015

Slice of Life

Riding a Bike

I stand and watch as my Dad takes his hand off of the back of my brothers bicycle seat. My Brother then proceeds to pedal two times around the median of the parking lot that we are practicing in. My mom cheers and shouts for my brother. I walk over to the other and of the parking lot as to get a better ante to take pictures with. At the end of his second lap, my dad grabs back onto the seat of his bike and slowly brings Nathan to a stop.

"Nathan, you just learned how to ride a bike, and on your second try!" My mom exclaims.
"Uh huh." Nathan replies out of breath.
"Come on, lets go inside and get some water." My dad shouts. "It's hot out today."

I run as fast as I can to try and catch up with the rest of my family. As I do my foot gets stuck in a crack and I trip. My knees get all scrapped up. I get up slowly.

"Well one of you learned how to ride a bike." My mom said "And Danielle i'm glad your ok. Lets go in and put some ice on your knees."



photo credit: <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/k3k0/5157248673/">keko.</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">cc</a

3 comments:

  1. Definitely the good and the bad of a memory, Danielle. Good details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Coming to America "Well at least we learned how to make french fries". Nice slice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice detail. I remember learning to ride a bike in the parking lot of the high school near our house, and it went about like that, though I don't think I got it on my second try! :)

    ReplyDelete