Sunday, March 22, 2015

Birds of Prey

My Stomach fluttered as we rode up the lift. I couldn't believe we were about to do a double black run. I had never done a double black before. I knew that this run was going to be groomed today and My brother, friends and I had insisted that we do it.

The chair approached the top of the hill and we all got off. I skied over to a sign at the top of the run so that I could see the words more clearly. The blue sign said that this run had been one of the courses for some world championship that I can't remember the date of. The part that caught my eye was the part that said it would be part of the 2015 world championship.

When our parent got off of the lift we all skied over toward the top of the run. It didn't look too hard but there was a steep icy part at the top. In a line we all skied across and down the icy part. The adults went filled by my brother and his friend. I went next and joined the rest of the group.

My friend, on her way to where we were stopped, hit a spot and fell. Unfortunately, she had gotten stuck in a spot where anyway she got up, she would plummet strait down an icy slope.

We tried to help her by telling her what to do but she was scarred and stuck. Finally, her dad took off his skis and began walking up the steep hill. When he was about five feet away from my friend he lost his footing and slipped. He slid all of the way down the hill stopping several feet below the rest of us just as someone in a blue jacket skied over towards the fallen person.

He helped her up and finally down to our stopping point. He told us that he was a ski instructor from Vail. It took a while but we did finally get down the double black and World Championship run.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds complicated and exciting. Glad everything worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That sounds scary and exciting! Great slice

    ReplyDelete