Sunday, March 8, 2015

Chewing Chewing Chewing

Anyone who knows me well has seen me with gum in my mouth at least once. I chew it most of the time. I don't particularly care how it tastes or if it tastes like anything at all. I care that I have something to occupy my mouth. I have it o that i can chew on something.

Ever since I was an infant I wanted to be chewing on something and have something in my mouth. When I was little I would chew on paper, napkins, paper towels and anything that I could. When I got a little older I would chew on my clothes. My sleeves, my shirt, any necklace or bracelet that I was wearing. Finally, my mom let me have gum. I would chew on it whenever I could.

I chew gum a lot but don't worry, I don't stash it behind my ear when I am eating and I certainly don't try to chew that same piece for as long as I can. That would be gross and I don't chew gum because I want to set the world record for most pieces chewed or anything like that. I chew gum because ever since I was little, I loved to chew on things.

3 comments:

  1. I have definitely seen you with gum in your mouth, and I still feel bad about the Kim's class thing☻!! Nice slice about such an everyday thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cool point of view. I'm constantly driving my mom crazy by popping my bottom retainer out and back in with my tongue really fast. Nice slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gum, too!

    ReplyDelete