Monday, March 30, 2015

Nani and Poppy's House

I walk through the familiar hallway followed by my grandma and my brother. Everything here is where I know it will be. The perfect living room looks just as perfect as ever. Everything smells right and I know exactly where I am.

This is Nani and Poppy's house. I know it from the countless adventures with my grandparents, cousins and parents that have started and ended here. I know it from the pictures of my dad, aunt, grandpa, grandma and others that hang on the walls. I know it from the giant glass windows on the back that give a gorgeous view of the ocean.

I know it from the rules about where you are allowed to walk and where you are allowed to wear your shoes. I know it from the feeling of family and love in every corner and around every turn.

I know this house from the feeling all around that says, this is Nani and Poppy's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment