Friday, March 13, 2015

Shakespeare?

Sometimes do you just wonder how you came to be standing, where you are and doing whatever it is you are doing. That is exactly how I felt when I found myself standing, with a bunch of bright lights shining in my face. I was holding a stick that is tied onto a giant aluminum bin. I think that I was supposed to be "strumming" strange instrument in time with the music.

What I knew was that it was opening night of our AS play As You Like it. How I ended up playing and instrument and singing while performing in a Shakespeare was beyond me. I thought that Shakespeare was about iambic pentameter and that sort of stuff.

Well anyway, I was doing it. I guess that sometimes, you just have to be willing to take a chance. Even though I had some strange Shakespeare solo and was playing an instrument that was probably made up, if I had never decided to try doing the play I never would have had all of the fun of being ridiculous.

4 comments:

  1. I like the ending of your slice. I find Shakespeare shows slightly weird as well. Nice Slice!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. What character were you? I agree with Kate, Shakespeare's shows are a little strange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, that was one crazy show! But it was fun. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to see that AS play. Maybe Saturday.

    ReplyDelete