Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Book Blog 4/31

Imagine that you were all of the sudden sent back in time. Now, in this time you were sent to anybody who shares your skin color and can't prove otherwise is a slave. This is what happens to Dana. It appears that she was summoned to save a particular boy's life. The question is who is this boy and why has Dana been sent here. Not only does Dana have to figure out how to get home, she has also become a slave.

I am not finished with the book yet, but so far it has been really good. It is really well written and an excellent storyline. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone. It shows some important history and I think that just for that it is worth reading.



5 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Interesting book, how would you describe this book's genre?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book, but now I think I definitely will. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you're enjoying the book, Danielle. It's a unique idea that Octavia Butler created and while frightening sometimes, also good reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a good book I will definitely put it on my to be read list

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good book! Would you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete