Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Going Back to Head Quarters (3/31)

I ran down the stairs as fast as I could. "Go, Go, Go," my brother yelled. "Come on, lets move it."

I was in front. My brother, with my grandpa following behind him, tailed me as I jumped off the stairs into the dimly lit basement. My grandpa was a little slower than us but as soon as we turned around was  right behind us. "Hold on," He said. "We are back at headquarters."

We were playing "bad guys," our favorite game ever. We played it every time Nani and Poppy, my grandparents, came town. The three of us, Poppy, Nathan and me, didn't take any breaks. We would run around the house for hours stopping only when we "found the bad guys."

That was how we played. My brother and I would run around like crazy, each holding a toy weapon, looking for invisible "bad guys" to fight against, Often times we would rescue Nani, my mom or my dad from robbers. Sometimes, we would pretend to go to people houses when they weren't home and stop intruders who had set of the alarm.

We never played bad guys by ourselves. The game was colorless. There was none to stay back at headquarters and give the orders while the other two went to find the villains. My grandpa made the game come alive for us. He would tell us when the bad guy was gone. He would run around and help us catch them. He would let me be in charge and my brother be second in command.

But then, he would get tired. He would have to lie down on the couch. His constantly broken foot would start hurting.

We don't play bad guys anymore. It was such an awesome memory with our grandpa. But, like I said, the game would be colorless if we played it by ourselves.

1 comment: