Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March Slice of LIfe Challenge 31/31

You know that familiar of felling of panic that hits you ever time you think you've made a mistake. It feels as it if bumps you on the head. It's that same feeling you have when you know that you just knocked over a vase, it hasn't quite fallen yet and you know that you are too late to catch it. Well, (probably the same as most of you) I am know that feeling all to well.

When we started this slice of life challenge, I remember thinking to myself that I was going to do it. I could do all 31 days and I planned too. Then I remembered the part about remembering. I actually had to remember to post everyday. That was when that feeling started. The feeling of panic and dread and forgetfulness. And, as I had predicted, the remembering was the hard part.

Of course, it has been hard trying to think of ideas for every slice, and my writing has improved quite a bit, but the main thing that I have taken out of this challenge is new systems of ways to remember things.

I kind of had it figured out that the first thing that I would do when I had extra time at school was to post my slice. On weekends, I would do my slice right before eating lunch. These systems have helped me a lot to accomplish my goal of posting every day and I have learned knew tricks for the future.

My writing has also gotten quite a bit better. Doing this challenge has helped me to identify what kind of writing I want to write and what kind of writer I wanted to be. You could say that it has helped me find my writing voice.

I want to be the writer who doesn't exactly sound like you are talking to them, but you could totally envision having a conversation with. What kind of writer do you want to be?

Thanks for reading my blog!

1 comment: