Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Future and the Past

Do you ever sit and think about the future? I know I do. I like to think about what I think might, someday, be possible. I like to think about traveling to other planets and living in an apartment building that is thousands of feet off of the ground. It's cool to think about traveling faster than the speed of light to planets in other universes.

It's also cool to think about the past. How cool would it have been to watch the first moon landing, live. It would be awesome to get to ride down a street that didn't have a single big-name store, Starbucks or a drugstore.

It would also be cool to think about the future, in the past. Our vision of the future has changed as we have become more technologically advanced. Sometimes, I like to think about how our vision of the future has changed through time. I guess that it's kind of like dreaming of the future and the past at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Ya it sounds like a great fantasy to be driving down a road without seeing a big name store or a starbucks. Great slice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be fun for us all to drive to a little town on the eastern plains, no big stores there, even no WalMart. We just don't get there very often. Love this Danielle, thinking about your unit question. . .

    ReplyDelete