Saturday, March 14, 2015

New Orleans

The streets of New Orleans were nearly empty. It was about 10:00 pm and our class' last night of our spring trip. It seemed like we had traveled the globe in these 10 days although we had really only driven through two U. S. states. It was our last chance to grab a beignet and coffee at the famous Café du Monte.

Luckily two of our group members had brought their wallets on our last night excursion. Two had listen to the teachers tell us that we might be able to squeeze in some last minute free time around Jackson square. Total we had about twenty five dollars. That would be more than enough for a plate of beignets.

My group headed toward Jackson Square and the Café. I could practically taste the powdered sugar in my mouth. I could smell the piping hot beignet. I thought about everything that had happened on the trip. The stuff that I had begun to take for granted the freedom, wonder and amazement I had felt the whole time.

I couldn't feel the same way had home. I couldn't be taste the coffee or take that first bite out of beignet. That was a Jamie's Class Spring trip to New Orleans thing. Not A home thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment