Friday, March 20, 2015

Sand Dunes

Sand flies toward us forcing us to close our eyes. Even with sunglasses I can not easily see. My legs and feet burn as the sharp pieces of sand fly at them at incredible speeds. I would complain but I really shouldn't.

We are at the great sand dunes national park. It is a overnight field trip and so far, it has actually been pretty fun. Despite the getting up before sunrise and the sand that is blowing at us our hike hasn't been that bad either.

It's funny. I used to absolutely hate hiking. But somehow this was a fun experience. I wasn't at the back of our line. I was actually closer to the front. This was a good trip. Much better than the last time I had been to the sand dunes. It wasn't a blizzard just windy.

My legs hurt and I was tired. But I didn't complain. I mean, I was actually having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment