Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Waterfall

We slowly "hiked" down the steep path. It was obviously man-made. I could tell by the way the paved path cut into the steep drop. There was a sharp angle where the black asphalt met the natural dirt which looked like it would make a perfect seat.

Our group sped up as we reached the end of the trail. In front of us we could hear the roar of a waterfall. We ran over to the edge of the overlook area. There it was. A clear blue, gorgeous monster. It raged down the cliff and an incredible speed.

We stayed there for a little while, mesmerized by the river and waterfall. Finally, we started to head back up the trail. As we were ascending up the deep mountain I started to breath heavier. Huge breaths. As much air to my lungs as I could get.

In, in. Out. I kept trudging up the hill. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. The small elephant that I had felt, sitting on my chest had been replaced by a bigger one. A huge one that was pressing the air out of my lungs.

I told someone that I needed to stop. Take a break. I couldn't breath. My lungs couldn't take in enough air.

We stopped. I sat down on the dirt that I thought would make a good seat. I took deep breaths until I finally got up and climbed the path slowly.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, that sight of a water fall sounds magnificent! What mountain did you 'hike' up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waterfalls are awesome. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to how climbing a mountain feels.

    ReplyDelete